Thread: Etsy?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Originally Posted by LoveBugAngel View Post
I'm a bit upset. Since deciding to sell to those I know, I have been wearing my scarves kind of as advertisment and then knitting them on my lunch break at work. A colleague asked me to make her one and she'd buy it. A few minutes later another colleague (who I don't really know well, just to see her face) asks me for the pattern, I told her I get them on ravelry. She turns to the lady who asked to buy from me and says "Don't worry I'll make you one for free"! I also gave this woman my dishcloth pattern, turns out she knitted the cloths for the ppl who wanted to buy from me. UGH so frusterating. I am NOT giving her my scarf pattern! If she wants it she can go on ravelry and find it herself.
Ouch! This lady is very tacky. Seems as though she's a bit jealous of your knitting talents. Seems like she resents your making a little money on the side with your knitting. I think she has an ax she's grinding. Her behavior was outright rude, and rather condemnatory sounding...insinuating that you are wrong to make a little money for your talents and time. And she's the White Knight coming to everyone's rescue, crowning herself The Knitting Savior. What a bag.

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote