View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #16
Slm
Casting On

Was having same problem; figured it out for me.
I was getting the same results you were, pattern was not there or if it was, it was really collapsed. Here is what I found made it work for me, and why I think it wasn't working my first try.

I'm using the free Treads mitt pattern from Ravelry. When I was doing the linen stitch for some reason I thought the 4 RND pattern ended with a purl row and began with a purl row, thus I think I was unconsciously putting an extra purl row between each 4 round set. Also I wasn't sure that I had alternated slipping or purling the first stitch of the slip stitch rounds (rounds 2 and 4). So, after rereading the stitch discription, I made sure I did each RND absolutely as stated: 1 RND, purl; 2nd, *sl1pw wyb, p1, *rep; 3 RND, purl; 4 RND, *purl1, sl1pw wyb, *rpt. When I kept repeating these 4 rows exactly, voila!!! The pattern shows up big time.

So, ending the 4 round pattern with a slip stitch round, starting the next 4 rounds with a purl round, and making sure to alternate the first stitch of slip stitch rounds fixed my problem. Maybe the same will work for you. One can hope.

Last edited by Slm : 12-03-2012 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Ps yarn didn't make a difference. I used same yarn. Wyb=with yarn in back.
Slm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slm For This Useful Post:
salmonmac (11-30-2012)