View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #37
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,189 Times in 2,693 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
I could if I HAD a laptop. I have an old (7yrs) desktop with a rather uncomfortable chair at the moment. Terry isn't sure he wants to go to a laptop so we'll probably replace with a desktop, too. Gonna be awhile though. Too many expenses lately. Why does everything break at once??

Hmmm... I wonder if I can see what's on my computer from my TV w/o a DVD... I should copy it anyway. Always worried with a computer that old that it'll die.
Yes! Burn a copy! My old computer died and I haven't been able to boot it again to recover files. Fortunately I didn't really lose much. I got lucky and my DD & SIL gave me an old laptop they had. Otherwise, I'd have no computer at all. Fingers crossed here that you can get a laptop. Some of them are fairly inexpensive now. Relatively speaking anyhow. I googled it and it seems that some DVD players will play mp4 files and others won't. I'm pretty sure the one I have, as old as it is (another hand-me-down) wouldn't. For me it's a moot point since I don't currently have a TV.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote