View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #52
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Oh my goodness! Both of our TVs have a USB port! My husband did all the wiring and I never noticed! Thank you so much for telling me about it.

Since I don't have a laptop I'm not sure how I'll use this yet, but it's good to know. I'll have to look into getting a better thumb drive since mine doesn't hold a lot.

Cool. I've been trying to figure out what all the inputs and outputs on the new TVs mean for me when I get one. When you figure out what the USB port is good for, you can let me know. Last night I solved 2 computer problems, one for my sister and one for myself. My son helped. I was on the phone with my sister trying to figure out how to get her online after deleting an ad blocker/proxy program, I knew what the problem was but haven't looked at IE in at least 12 yrs. except to read email at the library and on her computer so I didn't know how to get to the setting she needed to change. I talked to my son on Yahoo chat and he helped me figure out the answer. Then I needed a GUI interface for my computer to work with software sources, found help for that online too. That problem came about because I messed up in downloading my KD videos and thought I needed to fix a problem in my media player and created a new problem trying to fix a problem that wasn't there. I guess what I'm trying to say is none of us can handle all this technology by ourselves and I'm glad my confusion helped you out. I'd be willing to forgo a lot of new tech stuff but I wouldn't want to give up the help I get with knitting. Knitting is much easier to figure out than computers! Knitting Help rocks! and makes it worth the effort.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote