View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Rie
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Little Audrey View Post
Is there any other way to carry the right hand yarn? I have tried knitting both yarns German-wise, but with such small, fuzzy yarn it just makes tangles, and frustration.
I struggle with this as well. I knit with both in my left hand. The main color is tensioned around my pinky and the alternate is tensioned around my ring finger. I bet it's easier with both hands but I can't hold any yarn in my right hand unfortunately.

I think you should get Eunny Jang's Ivy League Vest dvd if you don't already have it. Watching her knit is really helping me. She seems to be most comfortable knitting with yarn in each hand but also shows other ways. I highly recommend it if you can afford it. I'm finishing her Anemoi Mittens pattern right now and already it feels easier to me. I think I'm picking up some of her knitting rhythm through osmosis or something.

I really like this knitting dvd thing! Especially if the camera spends a lot of time just focused on the hands while the knitter is instructing. It's the only way I can get any access to fair isle knitters anyway as my lys stopped selling shetland yarns. No one in my area knits this way I guess. I want to get the Meg Swanson dvd next. Also the Lucy Neatby dvds. Gah! I need to pick up some work over Christmas break!
Rie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rie For This Useful Post:
Little Audrey (12-10-2012)