View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #316
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,596 Posts
Originally Posted by Marina1109 View Post
I had no idea I knit "Russian style"
A German friend of mine taught me to knit a few yrs back.

Up until recently I have been watching knitting YouTube videos as well as other instructional videos. I could not find anything thing that resembled my kind of knitting style until a few minutes ago that the Russian style was mentioned, I clicked on the link given and I KNIT Russian style.

Thanks for posting the links!!
When I first tried learning to knit I simply couldn't do it. The only instructions I could find were for English throwing. I wanted to throw yarn alright! I started trying to do it more like crochet and decided I could do it that way. It wasn't until I got to watch videos online that I found out it's a "legitimate" way to knit and it's called Continental. Funny, it shouldn't matter if we do it "right" or "wrong" as long as it works but I have it in my head that I must do it "right" and can't get rid of it entirely. It is nice to know someone else does it the same way. I have since gotten so I can make knit stitches English but the purl still eludes me. And I read on here and other places how hard it is to purl Continental! Thank goodness there are no knitting police and if it works, it works.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote