View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Thank you so much, Carol. I know they aren't a work of art or fine example of knitting but I'll wear them and enjoy them. Part of my problem with photos is I'm so stingy. I use a prepaid phone and generally only think to use it when I'm away from home (about the only time I turn it on) and decide I do need to talk to someone. Last August I added $10 just to not lose the minutes I had. I've done that before. I probably have the lowest cell phone bill in town.

I look forward to seeing your argyle. I've never attempted something like that. I found Cat Bordhi doing the Sweet Tomato Heel on youtube. I think I might try that one next time. I see there is a padded version of in another video.

I've finished turning the heels, there is a mystery I'd like to solve, I ended up with 3 more stitches on on the needle after the first heel but can't figure out why. It looks like I worked the short rows correctly. Rather than rework the (un)darned things, I decided one row more or less won't hurt much, if that's what caused it, and since things seem to be even otherwise, I worked a few decreases and just went back to knit, knit, knit, in an upward spiral, so now I'm bored and think I'll try a waffle stitch or waffle rib.

I had to find the first pair of worsted weight socks I knitted for myself and put them on. I used the Lifestyle Sock formula and some ugly acrylic yarn that looks like a throwback to the '70s and my high school days, vareigated browns and turquoise that I'd been given. It's not so ugly as socks.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote