View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 AM   #6
cryaegm
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Newknitterwendy View Post
I found a forum that will help me convert the pattern, but I need to understand the pattern first.

K- is knit
P- is purl
I don't understand step 3
What is "Rep from * to last 2 sts"

I just need help with the abbreviations
For instance: is step 9 saying knit 11 stitches 4 times?
Step 8 seems to be in a foreign language to me

Here is the pattern: http://www.michaels.com/Loops-Thread...efault,pd.html
"C6B = Slip next 3 sts onto cn and leave at back of work. K3, then K3 from cn.
C6F = Slip next 3 sts onto cn and leave at front of work. K3, then K3 from cn."
C6B = Cable 6 back. You slip three stitches onto the cable needle and leave it at back of the work. You knit three, then you knit the three from the cable needle.

C6F = Cable 6 front. You slip three stitches onto the cable needle and leave it at front of the work. You knit three, then you knit the three from the cable needle (or, for both instances, you can put the three stitches from the cable needle back on the left needle, then knit them).

"Rep from * to last 2 sts" means you repeat the pattern from * to the last two stitches.

For example, from this row: 1st row: (RS). *K2. P2. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.

You knit 2, then purl 2. After purling 2, you repeat from the * to the last two stitches and you knit 2 to match the first two knit stitches (my guess you're knitting flat if you were knitting by hand).

"For instance: is step 9 saying knit 11 stitches 4 times?
Step 8 seems to be in a foreign language to me"

No. You knit 11 stitches. The four times part is for the p2, k2 in parentheses. Then you p2 and knit the last 11 stitches.

"Rep last 2 rows (K2. P2) ribbing 4 times more, inc 2 sts evenly across last row. 40 sts." You repeat the last two rows you did (so rows 1 and 2. Row 1: k2, p2, row 2: p2, k2) four times for the ribbing. The last row you increase by two stitches (I believe, since the cast on is 38 sts and you need 40 by the end of the last row), and at the end of that last row, you should have 40 stitches.

I hope this helps.
cryaegm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cryaegm For This Useful Post:
salmonmac (12-18-2012)