Thread: Wave-stitch?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by suzeeq View Post
The twist stitch is k2tog, leave on needle (instead of slipping off like normal) then knit into the first stitch only. That makes the twist and you're done with those 2 sts.

I don't care for this method of doing a twist stitch, it's not as defined as if you knit into the second stitch first (from the front of your work) then into the first stitch. A RT may be a little easier to do the ktog/k, but the other way gets easier with practice. Try this both ways and see which you prefer.
I think I've seen the method you're describing, but I'm not sure. Is this that scary thing you do when you take both stitches off then put the rightmost one back on first? Seems like I've seen it done where you knit that stitch while the other one is still sitting out in space (live) before putting the (originally) leftmost stitch back on and knitting that one. Seems like I also saw it done where you take both stitches off and put them back on reversed from where they started and then knit them. Not sure if this is the same thing you're talking about, but it was a little unnerving to watch.

Actually, this is what I think I was thinking of:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...a-cable-needle

May or may not be the same thing.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote