View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,732 Times in 2,300 Posts
gnirenehctiK
I have come very close to maintaining my pattern, I am totally convinced it can be done, the only question is, how determined am I right now?

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
This site has directions for Kitchener in seed stitch. I haven't tried this myself but it seems reasonable. I have tried Amy's modified Kitchener for ribbing and it works very well. If the first doesn't do it maybe the second can be modified for seed stitch.

This is quite a learning experience. Wow. Tinking is one thing gnirenehctiK is a whole different dimension. All in all this isn't too bad, just that it requires concentration and keeping track of exactly where I am in the pattern. I've ended up saying, "knit-off, purl-hold" or whatever fits for the stitch I'm working on. Amy's instructions are fantastic, I just have to figure out what works for me from them. If the next stitch is a purl, then it's "knit-hold" and on the back needle "purl-hold." I don't expect this to make much sense to anyone else, I just mean to say that if you need/want to do it, figure out what works for you and go for it! Now, because I made some boo boos I must decide if I'm gnirenehctiK or adding a design element to disguise it. Thanks for the help!

You can't knit the left sock first. Ever.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote