View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:04 AM   #166
Jan in CA
Mod Squad
Thanked 8,897 Times in 7,246 Posts
I have cervical spine arthritis and pinched nerves in my lumbar spine. I don't notice knitting makes a difference either way. You may have to pace yourself to learn, but once you relax you may be fine.

This is basically a hand knitting forum, but there are a few who loom knit as well. Have fun tonight.

Originally Posted by b1uejeanz View Post
Well, I didn't make it to the store to get the knitting needles and yarn for the mystery project. It sounds like soooo much fun, but raining plus cold equals arthritis ouch. So I worked on my loom tube scarf. Its about 7 feet now and ready to come off of the loom!! Yay!

I just found the forums today and haven't thoroughly looked around, but does anyone else use looms or is everyone needles only? I'm starting with just a set of Knifty Knitter looms, but am enjoying it enough to start looking around at board looms for a tighter stitch and larger projects. I want to learn needles as well, but I've been following a lady on YouTube who also has arthritis and she said she can't use the needles as much as the looms anymore because it bothers her cervical spine. I have issues in my cervical and lumbar spine as well as hands and wrists. And on good days when the pain is managed well I'm usually painting.....

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote