View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #193
auburnchick
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,688 Posts
Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Congratulations! I really can't think of anyone who deserves it more. How are your girls doing with their knitting?
Awww...that is so kind of you to say!!!!

The girls are doing really well! One of my girls carries several skeins of yarn in her purse. I took a picture of it...must find it. It's so cute!!

She also finished her first scarf...did a lovely job. I helped her add tassels. Another of my girls is working on a baby blanket. I saw another girl carrying her knitting to a basketball game! I also met the mother of one of my girls in the office one day. She said that her daughter had been trying to teach her to knit but that it was too hard.

The girls keep on coming. I try to offer a place where they are accepted. The knitting is secondary, but it's the draw that gets them into my room.

One of the girls told me one day that "Word is spreading about you." Last year, this would not have been a good thing. I'm tough. This year, I'm taking it as a compliment.

Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers. -- Isaac Asimov
auburnchick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to auburnchick For This Useful Post:
amy (01-01-2013), GrumpyGramma (01-01-2013), lelvsdgs (01-01-2013), Shandeh (01-01-2013)