Thread: Knook
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #10
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,099 Times in 2,609 Posts
Originally Posted by MudPuppy View Post
I am as new as new can get.
I have wanted to learn to knit or crochet for awhile but never really had the time. I didn't know much at all about either. Just yesterday literally I decided to buy the stuff for one or the other and give it a go. Ran across the Knook and thought I'd try that instead and bought the beginners kit. I for some reason just couldn't figure it out for the life of me- read the instruction book, watched a few video's and still nothing. So I happened to run across a how-to video on how to knit and watched it... didn't have any knitting needles but did have the 3 Knook needles. I decided to give it a go with those and made my first swatch last night, which didn't turn out too bad for a first-timer. I am now working on a simple headband. Still need to get some actual knitting needles but can't complain. Maybe I'll give the Knook a go again sometime in the future when I have gotten a better handle on knitting.

OMG!!! I love it!! You bought the knook but learned to actually knit instead. Congratulations on learning to knit!!!! I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

There's nothing wrong with knooking and some people seem to love it, I watched a few videos and thought I'd never get it and didn't bother trying. The same with loom knitting, it just looks cumbersome and more difficult.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote