View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
starbuckundomiel
Ribbing the Cuff

Ahhh... so that's a foundation sc... I always thought that was what my mom called a half-double crochet. I looked for videos on that but couldn't find it. I'm not adept at wording things simply. Ask anyone, lol. Just last night dh said, "You take 100 words to say something that can be said in 5." So, I asked him how and for the life of me, I can't remember what he said. Must be my mind was off in the ether again... actually, I was concentrating on how and what stitch I would use to make... play trumpets now---

Bath towels. Yep. Bath towels. They are getting way too expensive for decent quality so I've decided to make all my own towels and washcloths, dishcloths, etc.

One of my dreams ... one of the miracles I want to perform before I leave this planet for good is make a beautiful lace tablecloth. My mom made one and it's just a joy to behold.

Anyway, yes, the slip knot is what I'm talking about. I'm following the patt best as I can but am not sure about how I'm doing, lol. I just learned to make the loop stitch today... it was like grinding rocks in my head, lol. I now have a row of 9 loops, ranging in size from 1/2 " to 1 1/2". My first loop row. I'm going to save it. It looks horrible, lol. But I got 'er done!

When going around and around, how do you keep track of what row you're on?! I get so lost making doilies and that's just my creations of messes that look like drunk spiderwebs.

You are so helpful. I don't know what I'd do without ya, GG

Thank you!
starbuckundomiel is offline   Reply With Quote