View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,085 Times in 2,596 Posts
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Don't feel sorry for me 'cause we either own an atypical cat or I'm an atypical cat owner. She is NOT allowed on certain pieces of furniture, and she's monitored constantly when indoors, so on said outlawed furniture she does not go. But, really, after the first time of being yelled at, she hasn't ever tried it again.

Also, she seems to be more willing than most cats to please us. There are certain times when she's not allowed on the bed, and she complies with that--not happily at first, but compliance in any form is fine with me.

What can I say? I've got a cat-dog!

I believe you. My DD had a cat-dog that understood English extremely well. I tried to get hold of him one day to give him a time out in the bathroom per DD's instructions when he was "bothering" her female cat (both were "fixed") since that's what the vet told her was the best way to deal with it...but I digress, anyhow I couldn't get hold of the cat and finally I said, "Skippy, go to the bathroom." He did. I never tried to catch him again, just told him to go to the bathroom or wherever. Another time DD was eating Doritos and she decided to let Skippy have one; he ate most of it and was asking for more, she looked down at thim and told him he had to clean up his mess first whereupon he pushed the crumbs under the edge of the couch. I think that after we got done staring at each other open-mouthed since neither of us could believe what just happened, she gave him another chip. Believe it or not, I don't care, but I was there. Some cats transcend cat-dog status even.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote