View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #7161
rjknittrdude747
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to rjknittrdude747
Heya Eye595: I'm brand new here also, just joined yesterday, but haha, have been a serious Hobby knitter for over 40 years. I primarily knit scarves, toques, afghans, throws, that kinda thing, as I use TONS of colors and cannot follow patterns.

I found years ago when I first started I was only using at the most maybe 3 or 4 colors. So every once in awhile I would get bored and stop knitting for awhile. Then in the early 90's I got introduced to Color Knitting and got majorly readdicted again.

One little tip for you and how I got started, I was taught to only cast on about a dozen stitches and just start knitting, not purling, just knitting, row after row after row to work on my gauging, keeping the tension even. Once I got comfy with knitting, then I repeated the same thing with purling, just doing lots of rows.

The knitting classes you are going to start may teach different and that's totally cool. Whatever works for you eye595.

The most important thing, HAVE FUN! If I can be of ANY help in the future, I'm happy to help. Haa, I taught my 4 boys to knit, but now ONLY dad knits.

Also, I'm sure you'll find LOTS of friendly help here too. Oh, I'm just building a new knitting site for beginners, so feel free to visit and leave any comments or questions...www.learntoknittoday.com

Happy Knitting...RJ
rjknittrdude747 is offline   Reply With Quote