View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Casting On
Send a message via Yahoo to rjknittrdude747
Hey Gillian: Thank you so much for your reply and Kind words. No, I actually don't knit for my wife as she has been in a nursing home now for a few years. She has progressive MS. I did knit her a kinda birthday/Christmas Tarf in Christmas 2011. OH, a Tarf is a combination of a Toque/Scarf.

Haha, just a name I coined. It's kinda a long scarf, maybe 3 - 4' long, with an open end, knitted on circs. It was actually hard on me as I only used Red, White, Green. I would knit as we visited at the nursing home. It took me about 3 weeks. I wanted to have it done for her birthday, Oct. 29th, so started it the beginning of Oct..

My wife has never been a knitter, but she has always encouraged me to knit, and our boys.

Yes, Kaffe Fassett was really my inspiration to get back into knitting in the early 90's. But, I can't follow his patterns. I mean I 'could' if I wanted to, but then my knitting wouldn't be FUN, it would become work. My FreeStyle technique kinda came from his idea of just 'seeing where it takes him'. I will usually have kinda a 'basic' idea in mind before I start something, but as far as color changes, I have a bag of dozens of colors and just reach in and whatever comes out, comes out, lol.

I'm breaking that rule a little with my current scarf, as I'm doing Solid, Vari, Solid, Vari. But, I don't concern myself with what colors work together. When you don't care about that, the project becomes much more creative, at least in my opinion.

I don't know if this will work or not Gillian, but I will paste a link to my FB page where there are some photos of a few projects I've done. Please pardon the blurriness, I didn't have good lighting. Anyway, here's a link: 1

If this doesn't work, just PM me and I'll try again.

I'm not sure how to post pics here on the forum. Something I'll have to learn.

Happy Knitting....RJ
Hobbyist Knitter For Over 40 Years
Helping Newbie Knitters Is My Gig
rjknittrdude747 is offline   Reply With Quote