View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #5
lllwallace
Casting On

Thanks
Hello all you wonderful responders! I am new to this site and am not sure yet how to navigate very well. I haven't figured out how to thank indivual responders or to respond to just one responder at a time, if that is possible.

I am fairly learned about chart reading. I do know most of what you told me but did learn how to repeat the middle sections in red from you. Thanks. What I can't still figure out is the first few stitches, before the red enclosures, are too few to reach the previously placed markers on row one. I wish I had a scanner to show you what I mean. I find it very difficult to articulate this problem. If I work the first stitches and the last stitches (outside the red), then I come out right to the placement of the markers and am then able to work the repeats between the red. I have worked with lace charts many times and have never come across this particular "math" problem. Does this explanation help anyone to see this problem? If not, I will try to find a friend with a scanner, or just pick a different shawl pattern, although I hate to give up.
lllwallace is offline   Reply With Quote