View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #7163
butlersabroad
Knitting the Flap

Another New Member
Hello All
Just joined today. I found this site a while ago when looking for help on kitchener stitch but have only just realised that there is also a forum here too!

My name is Brenda and I live in SE Michigan but I'm originally from England, I've lived here over 18 years now. I work full time and have a large range of hobbies that are mostly dependent on the weather! Summer hobbies are camping, kayaking, mountain biking and gardening, Winter hobbies are skiing and baking. Year round hobbies are reading, genealogy, knitting and card making. Although in Michigan in the middle of summer it's often too hot to knit.

On the knitting front I still consider myself a beginner. I was taught to knit as a child but didn't touch it for about 35 years so forgot everything and had to relearn completely a couple of years ago. I started with dish cloths as they were simple, didn't take much time, were useful and I learnt a few simple patterns. I've tried a scarf but it bored me rigid and it never got finished! I moved on to socks and have been having a lot of fun, I've knitted four pairs in 2012 and have plans for lots more.

I'm currently knitting a watch hat for my husband in a 50% Alpaca 50% Icelandic sheep mix and I'm eying up my next sock too, a patterned one this time! I'm also hoping to try a simple cable and a lace pattern too this year, but not necessarily as socks, perhaps wrist warmers or something.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Brenda
butlersabroad is offline   Reply With Quote