View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Yeah, I don't really like the LB site. I find it annoying that I have to sign up on many pattern sites first. I know why they do it I guess, but it's annoying.

I do have FB, but a lot of my pages are yarn or knitting related. A few animals and my kids. I also have many HS 'friends' and other random pages, but most of them are hidden from my newsfeed. I just go directly to their pages if I want to see what they are up to. I've gotten some great yarn deals and info on FB. I don't post much and keep limited info on there.
I know some people just think FB's the greatest thing because they got back in touch with people they hadn't seen since high school and blah blah blah... I figure if I haven't spoken to you in the last 35 years, THERE'S A REASON! And there is the wisdom that, "If you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product." Which isn't always strictly true, but certainly is in FB's case.

To date I haven't even created an account on Ravelry, though I suppose I will eventually have to just for the street cred in the knitting universe.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote