View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by mom22boyz View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess the part I'm struggling with is how to convert the pattern. I'm a relatively new knitter, so pattern reading is something I'm still working on. My guess so far is that when the pattern says to divide stitches onto three dp needles, that for circular needles, I'd divide them in half - splitting my co stitches evenly between the two needles.
Any tips are appreciated. Thanks for the links btw too.
Jill
If you're working with enough stitches, you don't have to divide them at all. Just join and go. You'll be knitting a continuous spiral until you're either done or have to divide the stitches for one of the small-diameter techniques.

But since you've specifically mentioned dividing stitches, I'll assume you've got to the point where the work is too small to reach around the circular. And yes, you can just divide the number of sts by 2, and put that many sts on each needle. That's helpful for keeping track of where you are, but if you don't have the same number on each side it doesn't hurt anything. Which is helpful when you have to divide 9 sts .
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote