View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by dudeKnit View Post
The question I had posed about resting the needle on my stomach in the T-Pose or cross fashion while knitting. It finally happened. My brand new stainless steel cable powered needle broke!

Luckily I had gotten a kit the weekend prior so I had a replacement. I'll be getting more of the interchangeable circulars.

To those newbies like myself that are going to get or are thinking of getting rounds, consider getting the interchangeable rounds. This was when the cable breaks you aren't out a full needle just a 3 or 4 dollar cable.
Well da*n, dude. Hate it for ya. Haven't had that experience (yet) but none of my circulars are connected by steel cable either, so that might have something to do with it. Plastic will work harden too, but not as easily. It's a good thing to know though, because one of the interchangeable sets I was looking at does use braided stainless cables (even though the single length needles that manufacturer makes don't). So this adventure might factor into my decision on which one to get.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote