View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
Saradactyl3
Casting On
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've attached some pictures I took... the first two are of the first hat I made, I tried to get it so you could see how the crown turned out lumpy... and the third picture is of the current hat I'm working on so you could see the way the pattern is turning out.

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/L10479.html

That is the pattern I used, more specifically, the pattern for the decreases is:

Rnd 45 (Decrease Rnd): *P2, k2tog; rep from * around
Rnd 46; *P2, k1; rep from * around.
Rnds 47-48: Rep Rnd 46, continuing in Stripe Sequence.
Rnd 49 (Decrease Rnd): *P2tog, k1; rep from * around
Rnd 50; *P1, k1; repeat from * around.
Rnd 51 (Decrease Rnd): *K2tog; rep from * around
Rnd 52: Knit.
Rnd 53 (Decrease Rnd): K2tog around.

But as you can see in my pictures... this made the top of the hat lumpy and with a misshapen crown.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hat1.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	56429  Click image for larger version

Name:	hat2.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	56430  Click image for larger version

Name:	kat3.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	56431  
Saradactyl3 is offline   Reply With Quote