View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,189 Times in 2,693 Posts
Originally Posted by Lizars1735 View Post
I've never worked with needles that small. I'd be afraid I'd break them. I ordered some size 1 circulars to try for socks. I have a set of dpns for socks, but I feel so clumsy when I use them. I'm hoping ML will work better for me. I'm excited to try.
I like ML but my limited experience with dpn makes me think it wouldn't be so bad for making a whole sock, I might even like it. Yeah, aluminum sock needles can bend but they still knit! The thought of something grabbier for that small...not for me I think. I have 2 sets of sock dpn. They come in handy for holding a few stitches if I'm rearranging or want them off the needle while I fix a mistake and I've used them for the heel while the rest of the stitches are still on a circ. I'd have to have 2 complete sets of the same size (I probably do, thanks to overlap in the 2 sets) if I want to work on 2 @ a time and that's the only way I can be sure they look like a pair.

I used some really skinny needles and knitted crochet thread just for grins and giggles. That was way cool. I've been thinking about what to knit with the thread.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote