View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
Lizars1735
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
I like ML but my limited experience with dpn makes me think it wouldn't be so bad for making a whole sock, I might even like it. Yeah, aluminum sock needles can bend but they still knit! The thought of something grabbier for that small...not for me I think. I have 2 sets of sock dpn. They come in handy for holding a few stitches if I'm rearranging or want them off the needle while I fix a mistake and I've used them for the heel while the rest of the stitches are still on a circ. I'd have to have 2 complete sets of the same size (I probably do, thanks to overlap in the 2 sets) if I want to work on 2 @ a time and that's the only way I can be sure they look like a pair.

I used some really skinny needles and knitted crochet thread just for grins and giggles. That was way cool. I've been thinking about what to knit with the thread.
Have you done 2 at a time on dpns? That's why I'm getting the circs. So I don't run into the issue I'm having now, which is that I did one sock a couple of years ago, and am just finishing up the second sock now.

Interesting thought to use the dpns for the heel while the other stitches are on the circs. I'll have to look into that when I start my next pair. It might be too complicated for my limited sock experience. I need to have pretty specific pattern instructions to be able to do them.
Lizars1735 is offline   Reply With Quote