View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #12
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Coral 2
This poor house. When we moved in the laundry alcove (3 1/2 by 5 1/2 feet, bifold doors) was wallpapered, full of holes, ugh. I've stripped the walls, painted, put up a wire rack shelf. Picked up cabinets from HD, nothing fancy, but provided sorely lacking and much needed storage space. My husband came home from work today and opened up the doors and admired , it was very cute.

Recently my husband and I were returning from a weekend in Kitty Hawk, and although this particular yarn shop was supposed to be closed, it was a Monday; but it happened to be MLK day. Well, I thought we could just pop by and much to my delight, they are open on holidays. I found a book by Maggie Jackson, Maggie's Ireland, which has directions for her Ballyconneely Shawl. I had seen pictures of it online and love the shape of the shawl, different stitch patterns worked into rectangles and put together.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2135/2...7dbccfb6_m.jpg

I plan to use stitch patterns different from what she has used (I lean more towards ruffles and lace), and am excited about the project. My most recent project has visited the Frog Pond and has begun resurrection as the first rectangle.

So, I have begun I cast on 79 stitches, marking off 3 at the beginning and end of the row to work in a seed stitch, and have knitted 2 rows of the Coral 2 stitch pattern. I pray, no more frogging. I am admittedly winging it as far as what stitch patterns I will use in this project, when one square is finished I will look at it and figure out which one I would like to use next. Scary and exciting at the same time.

Thank you again for your help. I will send you a link when the project is finished, until we speak again, Happy Knitting
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote