View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by tangrene View Post
I bought both of the Dreamz interchangable sets this last month and just love them!
The only thing I find bothersome about the Dreamz wood needles (and it's a small problem) is that they color code them by size. Not that this is bad in itself, but it can make things a little hard to see if the color of the needle is close to the color of the yarn. I bought some 10.5s (dark brown) and then wound up using them on a mostly dark brown yarn. My girlfriend was making some mittens for a friend in a mostly red colorway that almost exactly matched the red they used to denote... whatever size that was she was using... 7 or 8 I think. That said, my stainless Hiya Hiya's a as reflective as a mirror, so then it really doesn't matter what color the yarn is -- the reflection is going to match it. That's one thing I can usually count on with my bamboo needles; they're going to contrast with the yarn I'm using most of the time.

It's a little thing, but worth mentioning. Other than that I have NO complaints with either brand.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote