View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
Jan in CA
Mod Squad
Jan in CA's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 38,140
Thanks: 1,723
Thanked 8,974 Times in 7,320 Posts
From what I've seen cottage knitting seems to be just holding the yarn differently. I've heard the underarm thing is called armpit knitting. Portuguese knitting is using a when there is a pin or so ething to guide the working yarn. Sheperds knitting only comes up with Tunisian crochet at least for me.

Cottage knitting - YarnHarlot
Armpit knitting- Yarn Harlot
Portuguese knitting

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote