View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #23
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Originally Posted by jinxnit55 View Post

I wound up getting some Harmony wood interchangeable needles and cables from Knit Picks and I love them. They have a nice "heft:" not too light and not too heavy. The stitches glide easily over the joins. If I had known I would like them so much, I would've sprung for the full set, but also realize that I will probably use just several sizes, mainly. I did just order a 16 inch cable as an afterthought because I make a lot of hats so far.
This is a good pick for me because I don't like metal needles. The Harmony is a multi-colored wood, and the thin cables are purple (sort of fun). Good luck finding the right needles!
Yes, they are awesome needles. The color bugs me a little with multicolored yarns so I will order the set of KP Sunstruck needles which are the same as Harmony in a beautiful blond wood. For now I'm happy with my few Harmony and Sunstruck and my full sets of nickel plated though.

BTW... As a new knitter...never say never. At some point in time you will probably want to have a full set of sizes. I have used all of mine. I prefer 6-8 and i have multiples of those, but it's nice to have the others if I need them.

I bought the 16" and now they rarely get used. Having to switch to another method for decreases is unnecessary with magic loop. I use that method for pretty much all circular knitting except very small diameter knitting.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote