Thread: Wish me luck!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
Just another thought to consider when you are to the point of submitting the pattern/design:
  • Is the design a ONE SIZE pattern? Have you included the numbers for size Sm, Med, Lrg?
  • Have any TEST KNITTERS (other than yourself)successfully knit this from your pattern as written? This is how errors in the pattern numbers are spotted before publishing.
I think these two points will be asked by any publisher or yarn company.

Over at Ravelry, I see several designers who engage "test knitters" for something they created. My BFF volunteered for to be a test knitter for a cowl. I can't remember if the designer supplies the yarn. But I think so. A lot of ambiguities in the pattern language were hammered out, and errors were spotted and corrected before the design went "live" and "for sale".

Even if a free pattern is offered on Rav...it's nice if it's been tested for errors and ambiguities.

Just sayin...there's a reason we pay $6-$8 for a pdf. The designer has a lot of time and money invested in it.

Twist Collective is another website that regularly features the designs (offered as pdf) of well-established designers and new designers, too.

I buy pdf's from Twist Collective all the time. One nice feature I appreciate...the pattern errors are on the website, and if the designer wants to publish a Revised copy of the pdf...I'm automatically notified, and sent a link for the new version. They keep their customers in the loop, and it makes me feel I've spent my money wisely.

Best Wishes on your project! It is like giving birth, isn't it!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArtLady1981 For This Useful Post:
Paulaque (03-12-2013)