View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Lighting57
Turning the Heel

This sound like what my husband and I experienced in late Feb. We were sick for almost three weeks. My tonsils were removed when I was 16 (now 55). My throat was red, raw, and sore just as they felt as if I had the strep throat again. Along with this we also had horrible coughing fits that left the muscles under our rib cage feeling as if they had been torn, we also had flu like symptoms, fever, weakness, headache. We are finally over it, but our voices are not at their best. I think it mostly settled on my vocal cords. I can talk OK but I can not sing. We provide the special music in our church. I still cough from time to time also. I don't know what we had or if it was a combination of stuff, but we never want to experience it again. I hope you feel better soon. I breastfed our babies so I know the added strain that an illness has on you when you are nursing. One good thing about our sickness was we still had a small appetite and thank God we did not have vomiting and diarrhea. If we had, I don't think we would have survived.
Lighting57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lighting57 For This Useful Post:
vaknitter (03-16-2013)