View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #28
Nanaof6
Turning the Heel

I hope that I am not confusing some of you with the crocheted stitch. I'll do my best to explain what I did.

I knitted the EZ'S Tomten Jacket and my knitting instructor highly suggested using this idea because the piece was stretchering/growing . The photo shows this stitch from the inside of the sleeve and shoulder.

The making of the sleeves was done by picking up said amount of stitches from the right front panel and back panel (same on both sides) then using a wrap and turn st you knit to desired length.

When I had finished my DH'S Jacket he felt that it was getting longer and not feeling stable in the shoulders. I was shown how to go into the finished project with a good sturdy cotton yarn and pick up stitches along the body piece not the sleeve, by inserting my crochet hook in to each st on the outer edge from the INSIDE of the piece only(where sleeve meets body)starting at the front lower armpit area pick up my cotton yarn and pull it through the existing stitches that make the jacket and form a chain stitch , go into the next stitch and form a chain stitch, repeat up to shoulder up and over and down the back side and back to the back lower armpit area. You are adding the garment stabling stitches after the whole project has been completed in the shoulder area only. Chain stitches need to be some what loose, but not to loose.

I looked for a video online to show how to do this but there is not one . I really need to learn how to make one and post this because this stabilizing trick truly saved my DH'S jacket

IX XI
Keep Christ In Christmas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14548372@N02

Last edited by Nanaof6 : 03-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Nanaof6 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nanaof6 For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (03-13-2013), salmonmac (03-16-2013)