View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #34
Nanaof6
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by dancejunky View Post
I've switched over to the Fair Isle technique you put me on to, and I'm loving it! I've never been a thrower, but it only took me a few minutes to get used to the 2-handed approach, and it's going pretty fast now. It might be my imagination, but it seems like the fabric has more stretch done this way than with floats. Maybe that's because the yarn winds around more than the floats, which are straight.

So now I'm wondering whether this method would make corrugated ribbing stretchier. I had sort of abandoned the idea of using it on the cuff edge, because it's not very stretchy. Guess I'll have to do a little cuff swatch and test it.
I love your socks , you do very nice work and I love the recycle idea. I read somewhere that in World War I & 2 the women would frog old sweaters that their families had out grown and use the yarn to knit new garments because yarn was expensive and had to get. My daughter gets old wool sweaters and felts them down and then makes slippers and handbags and what ever else she can think of from them.

I've always wanted to learn Fair Isle , what is the technique that you've learn?

IX XI
Keep Christ In Christmas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14548372@N02
Nanaof6 is offline   Reply With Quote