Thread: Mothproof yarn?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock
 
GrumpyGramma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,317
Thanks: 2,084
Thanked 3,260 Times in 2,752 Posts
I found this link. Since babies put everything in their mouths, I think I'd be concerned also. All I can suggest is to learn all you can and make an informed decision, or do what you can to avoid the mothproofed yarn. Lead paint was outlawed because babies and young children ingest it; maybe someday Mitin FF will be too.

From that site:


Quote:
But if the chemical kills moths, what can it do to humans? Wells said Mitin FF is relatively harmless if not ingested, and the federal government agrees. Mitin FF has been used as a pesticide in the United States since 1948 and is used exclusively by the textile industry for mothproofing wool. Laboratory tests have found the chemical to be "low to moderately toxic" and to have "low mammalian toxicity."
__________________
~ GG

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote