View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Just looking at the written directions it seems like a multiple of 20+2 (20 for the repeat with one stitch at each end). That works except for the initial row which has a p2tog at the "begin row" and "end row". To do that you'd need to start with 20+4. I tried this on needles but do you think there's a mistake in the "end row" on row 13 where it lists k6?
Both Rows 13 and 15 show a change in the written instructions for the end row - I believe this is incorrect. Row 13 should end with K7, same as the repeat. Row 15 should end with P2, also the same as the pattern repeat.

I am still thinking the pattern should reflect a multiple of 20 stitches plus 1. Rows 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 show a P3tog as the last stitch of the repeat, the last repeat on these rows is P2tog tbl, and the Begin Row is P2tog on these rows. Does this make sense?

Well, it is now going to be a summer shawl. Visited my LYS in Santa Fe, found a beautiful linen, silk and cotton blend in an off-white. Wound my first ball and working out a few details with the ACTUAL yarn. Been swatching for seems like months now. I am ready to begin
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote