Thread: FO - Watch Cap
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Originally Posted by nonny2t View Post
It looks fabulous! You did a great job on it. Hats can be a real pain sometimes to fit the wearer and you were dead on. Enjoy what you knit and don't worry about what others post. We love to see everyone's projects, or at least I do!
Agreed! I make lots of hats. They are an easy take along project and good to experiment with design on. I'm doing a project now to see how many hats I can get out of 4 skeins of Plymouth Encore. I'm on my 7th hat now.

The majority of what I make goes to charity. DH took them to the college ceramics dept. where he takes classes and volunteers. Many kids just took one, but a bunch paid for some. I ended up getting about $75 last year!

As for size... Hats are stretchy and fit almost every one. The vast majority are worsted weight so I just cast on 80 with US 7 needles and work about the length of my hand (6.5") depending on the pattern. Then I decrease. With my natural gauge this works fine.

I'll be posting FO's of them all soon.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote