Thread: Bragging
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,128 Times in 2,637 Posts
Originally Posted by jinxnit55 View Post
EEEKKK!! I just now saw on AOL a former Bolshoi dancer complaining that the Bolshoi dancers were expected to have sex with dignitaries! Sorry to mention it, but I saw your post days back and instantly thought of your sweet daughter! This ballerina could just be disgruntled (was let go for weighing too much) but if it was my girl it would give me pause for thought before sending her to Russia.
From post #3 by newamy:
Quote:
The Intensive is in the US but the same teachers that train students at the actual Bolshoi in Russia will be teaching here.

It is hard to know how much of what is said by different people is true and how much isn't. I'd have been concerned for this sweet, wonderful girl from my first reading except that I caught the part about it being in the U.S. My GD attends a ballet academy in Tacoma that teaches Russian ballet. She was in a British Dance Academy for a while that didn't do the Russian style and didn't like it at all as it's quite different. I think an opportunity for an intensive with the Russian Ballet is exceptional and I'm sure Mom will be alert to any problems and concerns. We can all keep her in mind while she's there too.

jinxnit, please don't feel I'm poo-pooing your concern. I'm not. Believe me, when/if my GD makes it to the Naval Academy summer program I'll be on pins and needles!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote