View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
eadunphy
Casting On

trouble with crochet pattern
Good Day - I hope someone can help me understand a pattern. Here is the pattern: http://www.favecrafts.com/crochet-sw...chet-patterns#

I have made the 11 motifs and joined them. The next part is for Foundation rnd for the body and where I am having difficulties.

It reads:Foundation rnd for Body: Size XS only: With RS of work facing, join yarn with sl st to any motif corner sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. *Work 21 sc across top of motif. 1 sc in joining sp between motifs. Rep from * around. Join with sl st to first sc. 220 sc.
Sizes M and XL only:With RS of work facing, join yarn with sl st to any motif corner sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st.Work 20 sc across top of first motif. [(1 sc in joining sp between motifs. Work 21 sc across top of next motif ) (4-1) time(s). 2 sc in joining sp between motifs. Work 21 sc across top of next motif ] (2-4) times. (1 sc in joining sp between motifs. Work 21 sc across top of next motif ) (0-3) times. 1 sc in joining sp between motifs. Join with sl st to first sc. (244-268) sc.

I am making a M sized tunic but don't understand [1 sc in joining sp between motifs. Work 21 sc across top of next motif) (4-1) time(s). 2 sc in joining sp between motifs. Work 21 sc across top of next motif] (2-4) times. etc.

what is the 4-1? and the 2-1? Am I working in the round? Thanks for your help I am on vacation without any knitting store around for help so I very much appreciate your time.

Elizabeth

What does
eadunphy is offline   Reply With Quote