Thread: ugh pain :-(
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,131 Times in 2,640 Posts
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
I breathe just fine when knitting, but I do find myself tensing up. I'm constantly having to tell myself: "Shoulders DOWN." I don't know why I scrunch up shoulders all the time, but it sure makes knitting much more stressful than it ought to be.

Great advice, GG. I'll have to try washing dishes in really hot water: It doesn't waste as much water, and it's more productive than just standing in the shower!
The so-called DW in my apt. isn't a DW so I'm constantly having to wash things by hand. IMO a DW isn't necessary for me, if I did dishes for a lot of people it would be different, and I'd really rather do them by hand. Besides, for those who can handle the dishes and stand at the sink (some people can't) it really can be therapeutic. I think a lot of our labor-saving devices aren't all they're cracked up to be. I can finish the dishes by hand much faster than messing around with the DW that then has to be unloaded and that part I really dislike so much I go knit instead. Years ago when I had a sprained thumb I realized how much the hot water in the kitchen sink helped it. I try to get my hands in hot water and move them around every day or so. I still waste water standing in the shower. It just feels so good.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote