View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #5
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
I can't tell you why Jan doesn't like Denise, but I can tell you why I don't. The tips seem too blunt and are hard to work with; the stitches drag on the needles thanks to the resin of which they're made; the cables are fat and inflexible - forget magic loop - and I've had them break; the smaller size tips are too close to the size of the cables and it makes moving the stitches even more difficult. To me they're sort of like using fat kindergarten crayons. They were OK when I first learned to knit, they were my first set, but soon I was ready for big girl needles. Denise customer service was fantastic, they sent replacement pieces without any hassle but the needles were still a problem in the end. I got Knit Picks Options Sunstruck and them! I don't need another set because I need different needles, I want another set so I have more needles! Having two projects going with the same size needles and not needing to move the tips from one cable to another would be handy.

Some people love Denise needles and I'm sure they have excellent reasons. It's a matter of personal preference. I expect those who really love Denise are very loose knitters and don't notice the things I did. I've loosened up but even so, having used really flexible cables, I couldn't be happy with stiffer cables and blunter tips again.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
butlersabroad (04-05-2013), N0obKnitter (04-05-2013)