Thread: Help!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
OperaMommy08
Casting On

Help!!!
Hi all! My name is Kristen and I'm new to this thread. My Grandmommy taught me to knit when I was a kid and was my go to for all questions knitting. She's no longer with us, so I'm hoping some of you can help me!

I am currently knitting my first jacket, Accordion by Leigh Spencer. It is beautiful, but I'm stuck on the neck and shoulder shaping section and fear I may have done something wrong. The pattern is:

Dear Leigh,

I know that you designed this pattern a long time ago, but Iím hoping youíll help me out with something! This is my first sweater/jacket project, and I got the back panel finished off with no problems. I am coming to the end of the right panel, and am not sure if Iíve done something wrong. Your pattern says:

Shape Neck & Shoulders
Work first row putting first 5[6, 6, 6] neck edge sts on holder. Dec 1 st at neck edge on next 3[3, 4, 5] rows, then dec 1 st every alt row 2[4, 4, 4] times -- 23[23, 28, 29] sts. Cont in patt until work measures 12[14, 16, 18] inches. BO 12[12, 16, 16] sts at shoulder edge, and 11[11, 12, 13] sts on foll alt row.

When I finished this (except for binding off) it looks like a bite has been taken out of the section right next to the collar stitches. I'll try and post a picture soon. Is this wrong???
OperaMommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote