View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
KH Geek
Site Admin
sheldon's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 1976
Location: Among the electrons that make up KH
Posts: 1,780
Thanks: 135
Thanked 1,494 Times in 532 Posts
Hi KP,

Welcome to KH! Typically a shawlette is a smaller sized shawl. Sometimes designers will add an -ette suffix to indicate a smaller variant of a common article or garment. It's entirely subjective and I don't think there any official guidelines. It's really up to the pattern designer.

Hope that helps!

__________________ Chief Technology Officer: I put the IT in KNIT!!
Follow or yours truly on Twitter!
sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-10-2013)