View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #3
lmfbs
Casting On

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Hi and welcome to Knitting Help.

Are you doing top-down or toe-up? What type of heel are you doing? Short row? Fleegle? Sweet Tomato? Flap? Something else? I use 1/2 the total stitches for the heel on short rows, I think Sweet Tomato heels call for about 2/3. Others, I just have no idea. I don't know what the difference in the stitch patterns you ask about are unless I work them myself.

Maybe if we knew what pattern you're using, can you link to it or does it have a name?
The pattern I'm knitting at the moment is a modified version of Summer Lovin (http://knittingnonstop.blogspot.co.n...vin-socks.html) - a joy to knit, by the way! They're top down - I always knit top down.

I'm not sure of the name of the heel it uses, but there are 32 st on the needles, it says to s1, k18, ssk, k1, turn, s1, p7, p2tog, p1, turn.

I wondered about it because I've seen a bunch of different heels lately but only ever knit the ones without the extra stitch after the decrease (I've been calling this a short row heel, but to be fair, I think *all* heels are shortrows), and wondered what the difference would be. Maybe I'd like them better!
lmfbs is offline   Reply With Quote