View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
eadunphy
Casting On

and, while we are at it, the pattern seems off on the sleeves and I'm not sure how to proceed. Here is how it reads:

SLEEVES
Make 3 Motifs.
Join Motifs in a row as given for Size S of Front.
Foundation row:With RS of work facing, join yarn with sl st to right corner sc. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. Work 25 sc across top of first motif. (4 sc in joining sp between motifs. Work 23 sc across top of next motif ) twice.
Turn. 80 sc.
Next row: (WS). Ch 3 (counts as dc). (Miss next sc. V-st in next sc. Miss next sc) 26 times. 1 dc in last sc. Turn. 26 V-sts.
2nd row: Ch 3 (counts as dc). V-st in each V-st to end of row. 1 dc in top of turning ch. Turn.
Last row forms pat.
Rep last row 13 (3-3-3-3) times more.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). Ch 3. 1 dc in first dc. V-st in each V-st to end of row. 2 dc in top of ch 3. Turn.
2nd row: Ch 3. Miss first dc. 1 dc in next dc. V-st in each V-st to last dc. 1 dc in last dc. 1 dc in top of turning ch. Turn.
3rd row: Ch 3. Miss first dc. V-st in next dc. V-st in each V-st to last dc. V-st in last dc. 1 dc in top of turning ch. Turn.
4th row: Ch 3. V-st in each V-st to end of row.
1 dc in top of turning ch. Turn. 30 sts V-st.
Rep last row 10 (8-4-2-2) times more.[/color]
Sizes S, M, L and XL only: Rep last (12-8-6- 6) rows (1-2-3-3) time(s) more. (30-32-34-34) V-sts.

Read more at http://www.favecrafts.com/crochet-sw...DboOdBSyGBm.99

Herein lies the issue - my sleeve had 26 stitches - if I follow the pattern as stated (and highlighted in green) it should increase my stitches by 4 so I can then proceed on the 4th row 4x (highlighted in purple). However, the pattern only increases it by 2 stitches. I worked around that and got to the 30 stitches but then I'm supposed to rep the last 8 rows 2 more times and it says I should end up at 32 stitches - by all means the way it is written I would end up with 34 stitches. I am making this sweater a Medium.

Am I making more out of this then I need to? Should I go with the increases as I know they should be and end with 34 or should I just follow the last 4 rows without increasing and just v st????

I hope I am not to confusing in my questions - little did I know how much math played in all this needle work

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Last edited by eadunphy : 04-16-2013 at 07:18 AM. Reason: couldn't see highlighting in yellow and messed up other highlight
eadunphy is offline   Reply With Quote