View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #38
Casting On
Well it looks like the original thread can be posted now, so the following would have been my first post "o)

I think this my be my first post, this is a good place for it. I have picked up a few crafts along the way. Knitting is what I do after the sun sets and I close the shop up. Knitting is also so portable it fills in when I can't be in the shop.

The shop is new, and on the 21.2 acre Florida Cracker Farm we bought and moved into last year, after I retired. The house was built in 1886, the workshop is modern concrete block with a metal roof.

My other skills and hobbies are based around a mixture of wood and metal work, I like challenge so I've tried a buch of stuff over the years some stuck, some didn't. The didn't stick stuff just was not enough of a challenge.

I've been doing leather work for a while, started off with a interest in Historical Interpritation, which is the driving motive in many of the crafts I fool around with.

This is a bag I made out of 8-9 oz tooling leather.

This is a combination of my leather work and knife making.

Some wood working,

This was my first instrument project,

Cigarbox guitar I built for my buddy Albert Castiglia,

Haven't finished this Cigarbox Charkha yet,

I also spin and weave, throw pottery on a wheel, rope work, jewelry making, inlay, blacksmithing, basket weaving, soap making, candle making. It may seem like a lot but much of it is either the same skill sets or related. I am a bit attention deficit, the only way I can get anything accomplished is to have a dozen or so projects going consecutively. It's better than taking a bunch of drugs to solve the problem, yeah , I could have been a rocket scientist or brain surgeon if I was diagnosed and treated as a child but then I wouldn't be me or live on this beautiful country farm now.

My back yard.

The cluttered mess that is my home,

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished. Lao Tzu
hushnel is offline   Reply With Quote