View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
dancejunky
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Well, make fun if you want to (although that's pretty tacky), but knitting anything four at a time makes my head spin. I do good to knit one thing at a time! Egads!
I've been reading GrumpyGramma's posts for a while, and I know she likes to have fun with them. I don't think she meant it in an unkind way.

As for the 4AAT, lots of people like to knit socks 2AAT to avoid the second sock syndrome (you get one sock done and then can't get motivated to knit the 2nd one) and so you can make adjustments as you go along without having to keep a lot of notes. Once I had learned how to knit 2AAT (using magic loop), I realized that adding 2 more socks wasn't difficult. You simply repeat what you did for the first 2. It's just more of the same, not really more complexity. I've also done 6AAT (yes, 3 pairs), but I'm not ready to do that again until I've mastered the free-sole technique.

Fortunately, we all get to decide for ourselves how we want to work our projects. But I'm glad people post different approaches, because that's how I improve.
The Following User Says Thank You to dancejunky For This Useful Post:
KnitandPurl (04-23-2013)