Thread: Coconut Oil
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #58
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,994 Times in 2,509 Posts
OK, Paula, I'm trying to be open minded here but as Jan said...still something makes the stick deodorants smear on, it must be some sort of oil or something. Apparently CO is anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial. It makes sense it would work.

Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 78 fl. oz. @ Costco, $22. DD picked it up for me, then pulled a switcheroo and gave me one she already had because it's expiry date is earlier than the latest purchase. Works for me. The stuff I was using originally was past pull date but seemed just fine. As she said, I'll use it up faster than she will and there's no point in having it sit around longer than necessary. I plan to start using it in cooking now I'm not hoarding a small jar of it. I don't think I'll put it on my face; anything that claims to moisturize makes me break out. I might, just not now. I wonder how it would work on owies.

Today I've indulged in Almond Joy pieces because we couldn't find the candy bars. I had a nasty headache and they work to make it go away too. I don't like them, don't like Almond Joy candy bars, but they make the pain go away. One of my DD's midwives said they worked for her too.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote