View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #8
1st Leg of the Journey
I think of an intermediate knitter as someone who looks at a string of abbreviations or some instructions for a new technique and doesn't break out in a cold sweat. Instead they think "I can do that. I may have to pay attention and go slow for a bit until I 'get it', but I can do it."

I've never really thought about my definition of an advanced knitter, but following on from the above I guess I would define an advance knitter as some who knows they can do something, even it they've never done it before.

ABC's Mom I never attended knitting classes (blessed with both my mother and grandmother being able to knit and teach me) but I do think that the criteria or syllabus should make it clear what knowledge the students need to have before starting the class. I also think it should be made clear when a class is labelled Beginner, Intermediate etc that that level refers to knitting as a whole or just to that method/technique. For example, a class for 'Beginners in Fairisle' could be too advanced for someone who is a beginner at knitting, but the right level for someone who is an overall intermediate, but new to Fairisle.
An English Knitter (nationality and method).
Feel free to call me either Clutter or Julie (my real name).

A sweater of a thousand yards begins with a single stitch. Lao-tzu's Granny
Dclutterchique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dclutterchique For This Useful Post:
ABC's Mom (04-26-2013)