View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,267 Times in 2,759 Posts
WIP Color Knit Bag
I decided it's time to quit messing around and make something in stranded color work. I found this Color Knit Bag Knitting Pattern that calls for acrylic yarn and I can use odds and ends I have hanging around. It's knit flat per the pattern but I'm doing it in the round to avoid side seams. I eliminated the first stitch in the chart as it isn't repeated and I can't see any reason I need it. The stitch repeats are working out just fine so it must be OK. My photo shows how I started out. I used a provisional cast on so I can do a 3-needle bind off and skip the bottom seam as well. The funny mixed colors are the cotton yarn I used for the PCO and the blue yarn is actually lavender. It seems to take surprisingly little of each color so it looks like a good stash buster too. I could start one with whatever color and just pick out the next one as I come to it.

I can now take pictures for posting much more easily so I had to try it out. The color is all washed out I think partly because I wasn't careful to pay attention to lighting. I'll hopefully do better when I post an update.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Color Knit Bag starg rsz.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	56603  

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-29-2013)