View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,470 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by N0obKnitter View Post
My husband is getting me the pastel coloured Denise 2 Go for mother's day. :-D
I have a Denise2Go set and I really enjoy it. It's all i ever use these days. Granted I am not the most prolific knitter. But it's a fun little set.

Originally Posted by N0obKnitter View Post
I've read some complaints about rough key holes/snaggy joins etc online. For $83 needles it made me apprehensive. Can you give your opinion on the snag/ key hole roughness issue? Thanks!
I think Denise has gone through periods of "rough around the edges" manufacturing. I have noted in the past that their needles used to be more matte and rougher and occasionally you'd hear about snagging bits on the cord joins or the needles themselves. I recall knitters advising to use a bit of sand paper to smooth them out.

However, these days Denise needles are almost glossy in their finish. I'm guessing they now polish the needles as part of the manufacturing process. I have not heard recently of anyone having issues with the cables or needles snagging. I think that was a thing of the past. We probably sold more than a thousand sets over the past 8 years, and I can count the number of returns on one hand.

They still rank high as an expensive and versatile set. You get 10 pairs of needles, and a bunch of cords with 2 cord joiners. You can make a very comfortable 17 inch circular which isn't possible with most other kits unless you buy short needles and an extra cable. Amy frequently knits on 17 inch circular from a rainbow set. And this is a house which has probably over a half dozen different sets (boye, options, dyakcraft, bamboo, etc.). She's also fond of the Boye set. I think she has a thing for colored needles!
===
Edited to add: Whoops. I see you were asking about the Dreamz and not the Denise. I don't have any info on those as far as snaggy bits go. I have looked them over and I don't see any obvious defects. But I haven't knitted on them myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-02-2013), twoxover (05-03-2013)